After a brief (maybe 1 mile) day-hike through Alum Spring Park trails in Fredericksburg, we spent a while “reading” in hammocks along the Hazel Run stream.
So, we just signed up for the “Adventure Series” of the 52 Hike Challenge. We’re starting with the first hike we posted on this blog, which is also the first hike of Henri’s 48th year on the planet (having turned 47 on November 20). Seems like a fitting starting place.
We’ve already knocked off several of the Adventure Series Objectives:
- 5 Waterfalls (even if they are dry) — 2 DOWN in Hike #2
- 1 Forest (if not possible, go to National Park/ Site) — All 3 to date have been in Shenandoah National Park, but we’re likely to get a few hikes in at Prince William Forest Park too.
- 1 National Parks, Monuments, Preserves, Recreation Area or Historic Trail — see note above
- 2 Hikes to bodies of water: Lakes, Rivers, or Ocean
- 1 Stewardship hike (pick up trash or join group to help with a restoration project)
- 1 Group hike (if you are regular to one group, visit a new group to meet new people)
- 1 Introduce someone new to hiking (on an easy trail)
- 1 Hike from your Bucket list (somewhere you have always wanted to go) — we hiked Sedona a few years ago, but we’ll look for a new BL one for this year!
- 3 Reflection hikes (journal at the beginning, middle, and towards the end of your challenge). — all the hikes we put in the blog count, we think